Cheeky title, isn’t it?
In honour of Nigella Lawson’s strength for escaping and standing up to her emotionally abusive ex-husband, I am celebrating with her amazing Sweet and Salty Crunchy Nut Bars. These are from NIGELLA KITCHEN by Nigella Lawson.
She said of these bars: “I fear it is the kitchen equivalent to crack cocaine.”
But I think it’s quite a good quote, because it’s a cheeky two fingers to that guy (nastiness in human form) who is trying to destroy her by telling the world about her drug use. Just because she wouldn’t clear his name by pretending his humiliating, aggressive, controlling, neck grabbing, nose tweaking, recorded-by-camera-in-the-bushes incident was just him being silly with her one lunch time.
Guess what, Nastyman? Your plan backfired.
Readers, enjoy these very easy, very addictive chocolate bars.
Sweet and Salty Crunchy Nut Bars
- 300g chocolate (half dark/half milk or proportions to suit your tastes)
- 125g butter
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 4x40g Cruchie bars
- 250g salted peanuts
- Put butter in a saucepan followed by chocolate and golden syrup.
- Melt together over low heat.
- Crush Crunchie bars with a rolling pin (cleaner to leave them in their wrappers for this).
- Mix them with peanuts in a bowl.
- Pour over chocolate mixture and stir together.
- Pour into tin (lined with baking paper or cling film is easier).
- Leave in cold place to set.
- Cut into squares.
No need to share.However, they do make really lovely little holiday presents if you put a few in a cellophane bag and tie with a pretty ribbon.