Chicken bites what? I know, it’s a misleading title. Anyway. It’s meant to be ‘Little bit sized pieces of chicken’ but that didn’t really work as a recipe title.
I saw this on the BBC Good Food website (which I love) and immediately recognised my type of recipe: tasty and easy. Bingo! One thing I love about this is that not only is it quick, it’s convenient for popping in the oven anytime you need a snack. Also a great party food. For big kids and little.
So now it’s time to share. Hope you enjoy these!
Or, for the printable version:
Recipe Type: snack
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Chicken bites are a quick, easy and healthy after school snack.
- 4 boneless chicken breast fillets
- 6 tablespoons red pesto
- breadcrumbs from approximately 5 slices of bread
- olive oil
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite sized pieces. There should be around 15 pieces per breast.
- Mix the chicken pieces with the red pesto in a bowl, until the chicken is completely covered.
- Mix the pesto covered chicken pieces with the breadcrumbs. I use a large baking tray.
- Set the breadcrumb covered pieces on the baking trays and place in the freezer.
- Once frozen divide the pieces up into portions in freezer bags and keep in the freezer ready for cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 220C or 200C fan. Cover a baking tray with a thin layer of olive oil and place in the oven to heat up for 2-5 minutes.
- Cook the chicken pieces for about 15 minutes.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe