Easy, fail-safe, popular. What’s not to like? And I’ve even included measurement translations. No excuses now. Go turn the oven on!
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
Author: Michelle Garrett
Recipe type: dessert
Easy, tasty chocolate chip cookies with oats.
- 225 g (1 cup) butter, softened
- 220 g (1 cup) packed light brown sugar
- 100 g (1/2 cup) white sugar
- 2 eggs (yes, still 2 eggs)
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) vanilla extract
- 155 g (1 and ¾ cup) all-purpose flour
- 2 g (1 teaspoon) baking soda
- 6 g (1 teaspoon salt) salt
- 245 g (3 cups) quick-cooking, or rolled oats
- 115 g (1 cup) chopped walnuts (or another handful of oats)
- 170 g (1 cup) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 335 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended.
- Mix in the oats, walnuts (if using), and chocolate chips.
- Drop heaped spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store somewhere really difficult to get to or else you will eat them all before the kids come home.